WORLD NATURE CONSERVATION DAY:
World Nature Conservation Day is celebrated every year on July 28th to create awareness about protecting nature and natural resources for a stable and productive society. Our Earth is provided with everything vital for sustenance of life viz., air, water, soil, minerals, plants, animals etc, which we rely on our day-to-day life. Unfortunately, these vital resources do not have any unlimited properties. Due to the growth of the human population over the centuries, the necessity for these resources has increased extremely.
The World Nature Conservation Day recognises that a healthy environment is a Substratum for a solid and productive society and ensures the welfare of present and future generations.
It is mandatory to create a healthy environment to protect the present and future generations. There are various threats to nature like Deforestation, Climate Change, Non-degradable materials, Illegal Wildlife Trade, Pollution, Toxic Chemicals, Global warming etc. The Right to clean environment is a basic right of every living being on Earth. So, it is the responsibility of each and every individual to preserve our nature and natural resources. Industrial development, Urbanisation, Population Explosion and several other factors contribute to the depletion of nature. Whatever we do affects our planet because the world is one and somehow linked together. So, the major objective of Nature Conservation 2021 is to support life by supporting ecological balance, thereby ensuring the future generation get access to natural resources, biodiversity and thus ensuring the survival of the Human race.
Scientists worldwide are constantly warning us and the world leaders regarding the inevitable mass extinction that will occur very shortly. Various documentaries about nature show that resources are being wasted enormously. Due to global warming, the Temperature and Sea-level are increasing alarmingly over the past few years. The glaciers are melting on the mountains, and there is an increase in the number of cyclones in tropical oceans every year, all posing a great threat to the life and livelihood of people. The world is now facing an increasing threat from unsustainable practices, and the challenge is how to conserve and preserve nature to achieve sustainability.
Each one of us is connected to each other on Earth via nature. So, let us all unite and make humble efforts to contribute to the local, national, or global levels in conserving nature. It will benefit our present generation and the generations to come. Promotion and practice of a green lifestyle is the key to make it happen.
“Environment gives enough to fulfil each man’s needs, however few out of every odd man’s ravenousness”
World Nature Conservation Day: History
The origin and history of World Nature Conservation Day are unknown. Still, the main aim of celebrating it is to support nature and not to exploit it. By conservation of nature, it means utilisation and wise management of natural resources. The imbalance of nature causes various problems like global warming, natural disasters, increased temperature, novel and multiple diseases etc. So, for a healthy future generation, it is very important to raise awareness among people worldwide about, need-based use of resources, recycling them, maintaining them, and understanding the consequences of damaging them.
“It’s surely our responsibility to do everything within our power to create a planet that provides a home not just for us, but for all life on Earth.”
What all are the steps we can take to conserve nature?
It’s not the sole responsibility of the government and big companies to save the environment. The contribution of each one of us will make way for it. Every one of us can participate and be responsible for the conservation of nature. We can contribute to it in several ways:
- Purchase biodegradable and reusable products as much as possible and always try to recycle them.
- Reduce the consumption of water, reuse the kitchen water for watering the gardens.
- Reduce the use of electricity. After your work is done with an electric appliance, turn it off. In this way, both energy and money can be saved.
- Plant trees to make the planet green and to prevent soil erosion.
- Use alternative energy such as solar and wind energy.
- Grow vegetables at your home premises. Promote and practice consumption of organic fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid using plastic bags; instead, use paper bags or cloth bags. Moreover, reuse the already bought bags. More use of paper or cloth bags also uses a great number of resources for its production.
- Composting is a great way to avoid the waste menace.
- Use rechargeable batteries. As we all know toxic chemicals in batteries are dangerous for the environment.
- Educate and make awareness to people about conservation of nature, environment, and energy.
- In your home premises, install water treatment plants and rainwater harvesting.
- Practice steps to reduce air, water and soil pollution.
There are three essential words about the conservation of nature that is reuse, reduce and recycle.
All human beings must unite for the cause of the conservation of nature. The impact of natural exploitation is spoiling our planet and our daily lives also. So the necessity of nature conservation and protection of the spirit, we must come forward voluntarily. Let's join hands together with We Grow Forest Foundation and fight for the cause and protect the nature.